So you’ve booked a beach resort in Mexico for that dream vacation you’ve been longing for.
Or maybe you’re still in the dreaming stages. Knowing the top 10 beaches in Mexico can certainly add to the fun.
Mexico has a beach for any mood you may be in. There are beaches for romantic getaways, partying, relaxing, and anything else you could want in a beach getaway. Think about what your dream vacation should look like and then take a look at the 10 beaches listed in this article from Ezine Articles.
Top 10 Mexico Beaches
By Jen Carter
1) Xpu-ha Beach in Tulum – With a gorgeous bay and talcum-powder white beaches, Xpu-ha is a bit remote and perfect for a romantic stroll or a peaceful swim. Just a few miles south of Cancun, this beach has a few beach bars, some all-inclusive resorts and a couple of dive shops. It’s not at the ends of the earth, but it may feel like it when compared with the beaches of more popular resorts.
2) Maroma Beach in Playa del Carmen – Tucked away on the eastern shore of Mexico, just a few miles from Cancun, Maroma Beach is one of Mexico’s best kept secrets and may be its most enticing and mesmerizing beach. This is a private strip of sand, adjacent to the sumptuous Maroma Hotel, so staying at this high-end resort is the only way to access the beach, but it is well worth the price.
3) Chacala Beach in Puerto Vallarta – Not too long and a bit on the wild side, Chacala is low key and rarely crowded with tourists. It is the place to go when searching for a spot where the locals congregate and mingle. With dense jungle at the beach’s edge and a few tasty restaurants along the sand serving up freshly caught fish, Chacala offers a taste of the authentic Mexico.
4) Bahias de Huatulco in Oaxaca – With 10 bays and 36 beaches, many accessible only by boat, this strip of beaches delights with its unspoiled natural beauty and rustic landscape. The best kept secret is Playa Arrocito, a secluded beach in a hidden cove off a rocky cliff. It is hard to find but well worth the effort.
5) Playa del Amor in Cabo San Lucas – This secluded beach is accessible only by boat and is found where the Pacific Ocean meets the Sea of Cortez. Very few beaches in Mexico can match the dramatic setting, with amazing rock formations jutting from the azure water. In fact, the rock formations are some of Mexico’s most famous and are found on many a picture postcard.
6) Mayakoba Beach along the Riviera Maya – A private beach for guests of the Mayakoba Fairmont, this alluring strip of sand will enchant the most frazzled traveler with its wonderful restaurant, peaceful pool and shady cabanas. Secluded and quiet, the Mayakoba will not disappoint.
7) North Beach on Isla Mujeres – Just outside of noisy Cancun is the delightful North Beach, a spot with wide swaths of sand, calm waters for swimming and few tourist crowds or vendors hawking their wares. With blue, cloud-dappled skies above and tranquil waters stretched out as far as the eye can see, North Beach is a true delight.
8) Four Seasons Punta Minta in Punta Minta – Just north of Puerto Vallarta are some of Mexico’s best beaches. One in particular can be found at the upscale Four Seasons, where white sandy beach meets turquoise sea. The water here is calm and shallow, making this a great beach for swimming.
9) Playa Zicatela in Puerto Escondido – One of Mexico’s best surfing beaches and one of the Top 10 best surfing beaches world-wide, Playa Zicatela is not only beautiful but a fun place to gather, dine at one of numerous, affordable restaurants and watch the surfing action on the water.
10) Playa La Ropa in Zihuatanejo – Complete with delicious restaurants and sweeping ocean views, Playa al Ropa gets the basics right and is a welcoming spot for tourists in search of uncomplicated sun-bathing and restful relaxation.
Your beach vacation should be a time of rest and relaxation, but then again there’s nothing wrong with a little fun and excitement. As listed above, you can have a little of everything! Before leaving for your trip, pull out a map or visit mapquest to see which beaches are closest to where you are staying. Or base your entire vacation around one of the beaches listed above! Whatever your desire, there is a beach for you.
And if you can’t get to an actual Mexican beach, why not head on down to the restaurant that’s named after one – Playa del Carmen. We’re located in Holden, Massachusetts, and would love to have you visit with us! Or stop by Mexicali Grill, our Spencer, Massachusetts, restaurant.